November 11, 2004
Tigers Heading Back To State Football Playoffs
For the third straight season the Scotland County football team is headed to the state playoffs. The Tigers captured the District 16 title Friday night in Memphis.
SCR-I will now host Marceline in the opening round of the state playoffs in Memphis on November 10. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m.
The rest of the Class 1 playoffs shaped up like this:
· St. Vincent (9-1) at South Shelby (5-5)
· Salisbury (10-0) at Tipton (9-0)
· Marionville (9-1) at Pierce City (10-0)
· Greenfield (8-2) at Skyline (6-4)
· Drexel (7-2) at Orrick (8-2)
· Santa Fe (9-1) at Gallatin (7-3)
· East Buchanan (10-0) at Rock Port (6-3)
· Marceline (7-3) at Scotland County (6-4)
This marks the Tigers third straight trip to the Class 1 playoffs and 11th appearance overall in the 16-team season finale to crown the state champion. Overall the Tigers have a 4-10 record in the playoffs.
Marceline, which dropped from Class 2 to Class 1 this season, will be making its 15th playoff appearance, but the first since 1999. The school has a 17-13 record in the playoffs and has one state title in school history.
Santa Fe is making its ninth straight appearance in the Class 1 playoffs while Drexel is making its first appearance in 28 years. Marionville will attempt to defend its 2003 state title.