Chimney Sparks Roof Fire At Norton Home
Memphis

Weather
Logo
Serving This Community For 139 Years, Online Since 2001
 Front Page
 News
 People
 Sports
 Obituaries
 Editorials
 Classifieds
 Subscription
 Calendar
 Community Links
Search
 
Community Calendar
Entire Newspaper Online
Would you use a digital subscription, which would place a .pdf copy of every page of the newspaper on line?

Yes, but only if it was free with my subscription.
No
Yes, even if it meant a slight increase in the cost of my subscription.
Yes, I don't subscribe to the paper, but would subscribe to this online version.

November 18, 2004

Chimney Sparks Roof Fire At Norton Home

The Scotland County Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at the Danny Norton residence north of Memphis at approximately 5:15 p.m. November 15.

Sparks from the chimney of the home were believed to have started a small fire on the roof of the home. Firemen were able to scale the building and extinguish the blaze with minimal damage to the home. The departmentís thermal imager device was utilized to minimize water damage to the home, as the fire source was pinpointed and quickly extinguished.

The department rolled six fire trucks to the scene with more than 20 firemen responding to the call. They were on the scene approximately 30 minutes.


Copyright © 2001
Memphis Democrat
121 South Main Street
Memphis MO 63555
Phone: 660-465-7016 -- Email: memdemoc@nemr.net