Fire Damages Interior of Mobile Home

Serving This Community For 139 Years, Online Since 2001
 Front Page
 Community Links
Community Calendar
Entire Newspaper Online
Would you use a digital subscription, which would place a .pdf copy of every page of the newspaper on line?

Yes, but only if it was free with my subscription.
Yes, even if it meant a slight increase in the cost of my subscription.
Yes, I don't subscribe to the paper, but would subscribe to this online version.

March 9, 2006

Fire Damages Interior of Mobile Home

There never is a good time for a fire, but if one has to happen, the first Wednesday of the month is the top choice.

The Scotland County Fire Department holds its monthly meeting that evening every month. That was the case March 1st when the firemenís meeting was interrupted by an emergency call at 8:09 p.m. when a caller reported a fire at the Duke Snyder residence on Jackson Street in Memphis.

The fire trucks were rolling in less than a minute, as the bulk of the volunteers were upstairs at the station for the meeting.

The quick response time allowed the firemen to extinguish the blaze at the mobile home before it could breach the roof or the walls of the trailer at which point it would have been a lost battle.

The fire, which centered around a recliner in the living room of the residence, was quickly doused, but not before much of the interior of the mobile home sustained extensive smoke and heat damage.

Copyright © 2001
Memphis Democrat
121 South Main Street
Memphis MO 63555
Phone: 660-465-7016 -- Email: