October 15, 2009
Sunday Morning Fire Destroys Home in Gorin
An early morning fire destroyed a vacant home in Gorin on October 11th. The blaze at a home owned by Robert Coop, was reported at 7:17 a.m. on Sunday morning according to the Scotland County Sheriff’s Department.
The building was unoccupied and was being used for storage by the owner.
When the Gorin Fire Department arrived the building was fully engulfed, with flames exiting the roof and western wall of the structure.
A mutual aid call was placed to the Rutledge Fire Department, which also responded to the scene and assisted in extinguishing the fire, which caused extensive damage to the property.
The Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office investigated the fire and ruled it was accidental in nature, likely being caused by an electrical malfunction.
The Gorin Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Rutledge Fire Department, the Scotland County Sheriff’s Department and the Scotland County Ambulance Service.